European Authorized Representative (EC REP)
for Medical Devices* and In Vitro Diagnostic Devices*
The appointment of an European Authorized Representative (EC REP) for the Member States of the EEA is a requirement of the European Medical Device Regulations* and In Vitro Diagnostic Medical Device Regulation* for Medical Devices & In Vitro Diagnostic Medical Devices Manufacturers located outside the EU to fulfill one aspect of the requirements for CE marking.
The importance of a European Authorized Representative (EC REP)?
Contact MDSS now
Article 11 - Authorised Representative
1. Where the manufacturer of a device is not established in a Member State, the device may only be placed on the Union market if the manufacturer designates a sole authorised representative.
2. The designation shall constitute the authorised representative’s mandate, it shall be valid only when accepted writing by the authorised representative and shall be effective at least for all devices of the same generic device group.
Establish Mandate with MDSS contact.
3. The authorized representative shall perform the tasks specified in the mandate agreed between it and the manufacturer. The authorised representative shall provide a copy of the mandate to the competent authority, upon request.
Tasks are outlined in the contract mandated.
4. The mandate shall require, and the manufacturer shall enable, the authorised representative to perform at least the following tasks in relation to the devices that it covers.
Tasks and responsibilities are stipulated in the MDSS contract.
EUDAMED is online!
MDSS as your EC REP is registered – SRN number: DE-AR-000005430. The registration requirements are moving forward.
Contact MDSS GmbH
- Address Schiffgraben 41, 30175 Hannover, Germany
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone +49 511 6262 8630